Call for Applications for Summer Positions
Music from Angel Fire 2018 Festival Season
Application Deadline May 1, 2018
Box Office Representative
Part time positions available starting in August
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide the audience with a positive initial experience at Music from Angel Fire. This is created by aiding patrons with accurate event information and assisting them in purchasing and/or picking up tickets to Festival events. You are expected to work cooperatively with all employees of the Festival and the venues, maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Provide all guests a positive first impression of the Festival by offering superior, individualized guest service.
- Provide information regarding Festival events and facilities via face-to-face communication and telephone.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with regular patrons, board members, donors, sponsors, members, staff, and the general public, encouraging casual and new guests to visit on a more regular basis.
- Accurately operate the online ticketing system to sell tickets for Festival events. This includes being responsible and organized.
- Process ticket sales at the ticket office, by internet, phone and by mail; sell tickets, collect money, process credit card orders, operate a computer, make change and keep accurate records of monies taken in and tickets sold through the ticket office.
- Problem-solve by effectively communicating with guests to locate and deliver will-call/guest list tickets.
- Operate Festival Merchandise table as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to communicate positively with patrons to establish their needs efficiently and courteously.
- Ability to smile, be friendly, professional, and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work flexible hours according to event schedules; ability to work extended and irregular hours including weekends.
- Be computer proficient including Microsoft Excel and Word.
This position description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
If interested, please send a short resume. References will be required if interviewed. All inquiries kept confidential. No phone calls.
Summer Internships for High School and College Students
If interested, please send a short resume and letter of interest. References will be required if interviewed. All inquiries kept confidential. Festival Dates are August 15- Sept 3, 2018, dates of work responsibilities vary depending on area of interest.